- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Pay.
- The first time you open Samsung Pay, a short introduction video will play. Note: Touch SKIP to bypass the introduction and continue the setup process.
- Your Samsung account will be automatically linked to Samsung Pay. Touch START to continue. Note: If you have yet to sign in to your Samsung account, touch SIGN IN and enter your email address and password information. If you do not have an account, you can create a Samsung account on your device.
- Touch USE FINGERPRINT to assign your fingerprint as the verification method. If you have not registered your fingerprint on the device, you will be given the chance to add a fingerprint. It will walk you through adding a fingerprint for the first time.
Note: You can also assign a four-digit Samsung Pay PIN code instead of using your fingerprint. Touch Skip and use Samsung Pay PIN.
Here is how to set up the fingerprint
- If you have a secure lock on your device other than a fingerprint, enter the password, PIN, or pattern.
- Place your finger on the Home key, and then lift it off once you feel a vibration. Repeat until you have reached 100%. To ensure your whole fingerprint is recorded, move your finger slightly each time you touch the key, fully covering the key with your finger.
- Scan the fingerprint you just registered for verification.
- Create a Samsung Pay PIN for payment authentication and application protection.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm.
- You are now ready to add your payment cards and use Samsung Pay.
Created by: Nick John Roberts
Modified on: Mon, 26 Nov, 2018 at 4:35 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.